It’s unbelievable to me that it’s almost the 2017 Holiday Season already! Does time seem to be going faster for everyone else, or just me? I guess the silver lining is that on Sunday, November
Beginners Guide To Buying A House
1. Get Financing in OrderUse a critical eye and evaluate what money you have available to use for your home buying dream. Once you think through your savings and monthly budget it’s time to talk to a lender. A lender will give you a clear picture of what your home possibilities are. Once you know what the bank will lend you for a mortgage you can decide what budget makes the most sense for your budget.
2. Rent Month to MonthIf you are currently renting, now is the time to let your lease run out and begin renting on a month to month basis if possible. Often real estate timing can be slightly unpredictable and sellers usually prefer a buyer who can be flexible about the closing date.
3. Find a Buyer’s AgentIf you plan on buying a home in today’s market then you need to have a professional on your side. And the best part is that in Charleston SC real estate buyer’s agents are paid by the sellers so it is not an extra cost for you. Buyer’s agents are real estate agents who specialize in helping beginner home buyers not only find homes, but also negotiate with the sellers to get you the best deal, negotiate repairs and help you through any problems that might come up before the closing date. It is crucial to contact a buyer’s agent as soon as you start your search.
4. Decide What You Need and WantYour agent can help you determine what your needs and wants are in a home. Many beginner home buyers have a “vision” of life in their new home, and a real estate agent can help you turn that vision into a list of needs and wants to narrow your search. Looking for homes can be time-consuming and exhausting. Keep your search narrow so that you do not end up looking at houses unnecessarily. Many new home buyers overestimate the amount of houses they need to look at. If you search correctly, you should only need to walk through 3-4 homes to find your dream home.
5. Just Do It!It sounds like a simple thing, but if you only talk about buying a house and never actually take the first steps it will never happen.
Hank Johnson, a graduate of The Citadel, has a proven track record as a CFO, businessman, Entrepreneur and real estate investor. Hank has been active and successful in the Charleston community for ove....
Latest Blog Posts
Building a New House? Congratulations! Building a new home is an exciting time and can be a great experience as you customize the layout and interior of a home built just for you and your family.So